Bread, charred chicken and some yummy flavours all on one plate. Smooth, creamy, sharp and sweet.
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Ras el Hanout
½ Lemon (Juice)
PICKLED RED CABBAGE
¼ Red Cabbage
1 Cup Water
1 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove (Sliced)
1tsp Coriander Seeds
1tsp Chilli Flakes
1tsp Coarse Black Pepper
½ Lemon Juice
2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
1 Can Chickpeas
½ Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
2tbs Olive Oil
½ tsp Ground Cumin (Optional)
1 Cup Flour
¼ tsp Salt
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Start by marinating your protein, in this case, chicken. In a bag or a bowl, add the marinade ingredients and coat the protein. With the chicken, I like to flatten it with a roling pin. This will help with cooking times later. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours minimum, or overnight.
- Start by marinating your protein, in this case, chicken. In a bag or a bowl, add the marinade ingredients and coat the protein. With the chicken, I like to flatten it with a rolling pin. This will help with cooking times later. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours minimum, or overnight. the fridge to pickle. A minimum of a couple of hours but a day would be best!
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with some baking paper or silicone mat.
- Slice the aubergine in half lengthways and add to the tray, flesh side (flat side) down. Lightly coat in olive oil and bake in the oven for 35/40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cool, scoop out the flesh and add to a processor with the rest of the baba ganoush ingredients. Pulse until it all comes together into a paste. I like mine a little chunkier but you can have it as smooth as you like. Chill in the fridge.
- Next, make the hummus. Drain the chickpeas and add to a processor with the lemon juice, tahini and garlic. Pulse to bring it together and drizzle in the olive oil a little at a time. If the mixture is too thick for your liking you can add a little water to loosen it. Leave in the fridge until you need it.
- Now onto the flatbread. In a saucepan or the microwave, add the milk and butter. Heat just enough to melt the butter and leave to one side. Add the flour and salt to a mixer with a dough hook or in a bowl and pour the buttermilk mixture in whilst bringing together with a wooden spoon or using the mixture. Once it has come together, knead on the surface until the dough is nice and smooth. Wrap and leave to rest at room temperature for half an hour.
- Once the dough has rested, cut in half and roll out nice and thinly. Heat a frying pan over a medium/high heat and add a splash of oil to coat the pan. Add one flatbread to the pan and leave for a couple of minutes. Bubbles should start to appear. Flip the bread and cook the other side. Repeat this again with the other dough.
- In the frying pan, add a splash of oil and the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes on one side to develop a lovely dark colour. Repeat on the other side until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the flatbread to a plate and top with the baba ganoush, hummus, yogurt, pomegranate seeds, pickled cabbage, and Chicken. ENJOY!