Leftover risotto means only one thing. ARANCINI TIME! So delicious, crisp and creamy!
These arancini are made using a mushroom risotto and adding a piece of creamy oozy goats cheese into the centre.
Makes 8 Balls
5 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
400g Leftover Mushroom Risotto (Chilled)
30g Panko Breadcrumbs
50g Goats Cheese
Oil for Frying (Or you can bake them in the oven but it will take 30/40 minutes at 180c)
M E T H O D
- Grab yourself two bowls and a plate.
- In one bowl, add the egg and whisk. In the second bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Cut the coats cheese into eight small bitesized pieces
- Wet your hands (this helps with stopping the rice sticking to your hands) and grab a handful of risotto rice. Then push the risotto rice onto your palm and using your thumb, push into the centre to create a little well. Add a piece of goats cheese and then fold the edges of the risotto in and cover the cheese, creating a ball shape. Dip into the egg yolk to coat the ball, then add to the breadcrumbs gently pushing the crumbs to the outside of the ball. Place on the plate and repeat until all of the rice is used.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat your oil over a medium/high heat. Test the oil by dropping a little breadcrumb into the pan. If it sizzles it is hot enough. Add the arancini balls into the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes to ensure they are hot all the way through and the cheese has melted.
ALTURNATIVELY- You can bake the arancini balls in the oven at 180 for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with salad and ENJOY!