We love a stroganoff in this household. Whats not to love. A creamy mustard sauce with some lovely sautéed mushrooms. This recipe is super simple and super tasty. Also, it can all be cooked in two pans, one for the stroganoff and one for the rice.
10 Minute Preparation
15 Minutes Cooking
250g mixed mushrooms (you can be as creative as you like)
1 Red Onion (or brown)
1 Vegetable Stock Pot with 150ml water
2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
2 tsp English Mustard
3 tbs Creme Fraise
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat
- Chop the mushrooms and onion
- Fry the mushrooms until they begin to soften (5 minutes)
- Remove from the pan and add oil, then add mushrooms, do not stir or move the mushrooms as that causes the water to come out, and they don't develop their lovely brown coating. Leave them for a few minutes then toss to cook the other side.
- Add the onions back to the pan and then add the garlic, cook for one minute.
- Add the mustard and stir
- Add the vegetable stock, stir
- Cook your rice or pasta to the packet guidelines. We like rice with peas and sweetcorn with ours. Pack in the vegetables for the little one and me too! I love vegetables.
- Add the creme fraise and parsley
- Serve and ENJOY!