my ULTIMATE at home burger
When you crave a burger, and the only one that you want is one thats too big to bite into. Then this is what you need.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Beef Burger
1 Brioche Bun
$ Slices of Cheddar Cheese
3 Slices of Maple Streaky Bacon
Crispy Onion Rings (Recipe Below)
Gochujang Ketchup (Recipe Below- found on SeriousEats)
M E T H O D
- Start with the onion rings. (this makes extra, but who doesn't love extra onion rings?)
1 egg white
5tbs Panko Breadcrumbs
- heat the oven to 220c and lightly grease a baking tray. I brush a thin layer of olive oil.
- Cut the ends off the onion and slice into full rounds. Push the onion slices apart to form the rings, then add them to cold water.
- Grab three bowls and the baking tray.
BOWL 1 - Flour
BOWL 2- Egg (Lightly whisked until foamy)
BOWL 3- Breadcrumbs
- Take an onion ring and shake off any excess water. Then dip into the flour. Move it into the egg and coat, then into the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray and repeat will all of the rings.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for a further 5.
- Next make the gochujang ketchup.
1/2tsp dark brown sugar
1/4tsp soy sauce
1/4tsp grated ginger
1/4tsp grated garlic
drop of sesame oil
Mix it all together and that's IT!
- Then onto the burger. Grab a frying pan and gently fry the bacon until lovely and crisp. Remove and leave to one side. Then turn up the heat and add the burger. Cook until a lovely brown crust develops then flip and repeat.
- Whilst the burger browns, slice the cheese and the brioche bun.
- Once the burger is almost cooked, add the slices of cheese. Now, I either add it the grill or place a lid over it to help melt the cheese.
- Now, stack!