Nacho Inspired Topped Wedges
Potato wedges coated in a Mexican spice mix, baked until crisp, then topped with cheese, avocado, sour cream and a tomato salsa.
Serves 4 as a side or two as a deliciously big starter!
I N G R E D I E N T S
3 large potatoes
40g Cheddar Cheese
6 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Lime (juice)
4tbs Sour Cream
2 Spring Onions
Bunch of Coriander
M E T H O D
- Start by preheating the oven to 180c. Grab your skillet or baking tray and add a layer of oil. I used olive oil. Place the skillet/baking tray into the oven to heat.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into wedges. Place into a pan of water, bring to the boil and parboil for 8 minutes or until before they begin to break.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Coat the potatoes in the seasoning and add to the hot tray from the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wedges and turn, then cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Grate the cheddar and then add to the wedges, place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes and place into a bowl, then squeeze on the lime juice.
- Peel and dice the avocado and slice the spring onions.
- Remove the wedges then top with the deliciousness.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and chopped coriander.