Who doesn't love a dish that is all cooked in one pan. Less mess, less fuss and less washing up. You could even eat it straight out of the pot (I'm not judging).
Carbs, fats, vegetables and a deliciously rich deep tomato base. Yummy fiesta in the tummy!
10 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
3 Chicken Breasts
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
250g Arborio Rice
1 Tin Tomatoes
500ml Chicken Stock
1 Cup White Wine
Pinch Saffron (Optional)
100g Frozen Peas
Manchego Cheese chunks (to melt on the top)
- Place a cast iron pan over a medium heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Cut the chicken breasts and chorizo into chunks.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until lovely and brown all over, then set aside.
- Repeat this with the chorizo.
- Slice the onion and peppers and chop the garlic.
- Now add a little more oil to the pan and add the onion and peppers and cook them for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour the rice into the pan and cook for a minute of so until the edges become translucent. Then pour the wine over the rice and cook out until evaporated.
- Next you can add the tomatoes, chicken stock and the saffron. Stir and cover and simmer over a low heat. Try not to mess with the pot and leave it to steam. You can check it after 15 minutes and you want the liquid to be evaporated and the rice to be cooked. If the rice still isn't cooked, you can add a little more water and continue to cook.
- Once the liquid has cooked, add the peas and olives and cover for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!