It's that time of year where peaches and nectarines are EVERYWHERE. I love this time of year, I can safely say a good yellow flesh nectarine is in my top three favourite fruits.
2tbs Butter (Melted)
2tbs Brown Sugar
200g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
220g Self Raising Flour
3tsp Orange Essence (You could also use Vanilla or fresh orange zest from 1 large orange)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Using a sharp knife, run it all the way around the nectarine. Then pull/twist apart and slice.
- Melt the 2tbs of butter and pour into the base of a loaf tin. Then sprinkle the 2tbs of brown sugar over the butter.
- You can be creative here and lay the nectarines in a fancy way. Lay the nectarine slices over the base and leave to one side.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Then sift in the flour a little at a time and loosen the mixture with the milk.
- Add the essence and mix to combine.
- Pour over the nectarines and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven to 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes by placing a skewer into the centre and checking it comes out clean.