This tart is not only easy to make, requires no baking AND accidentally vegan, but its super delicious and a real treat.
Best when made the day before
I N G R E D I E N T S
20 Oreo Cookies
250g Dark Chocolate
1 Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
50g Dark Chocolate
White Chocolate Drizzle (leave off if keeping it vegan)
M E T H O D
- Blitz the oreo cookies into a crumb.
- Melt 80g butter and pour into the cookie crumbs, stirring to combine.
- Pour into your tart tray and push down firmly to create a solid base. You can also spread the crumbs up the sides of the dish to create more of a pastry look.
- Then I bake the tart case for 6 minutes @180, but you can simply place it into the fridge to set. This will need at least half an hour.
- Whilst it sets, you can make the filling. In a pan, add the tin of coconut milk. Then boil until it reduces by 1/3. This just takes out some of the water content and leaves you with a creamier consistency.
- Take off the heat and add 250g chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- Pour into the pastry case and place into the fridge to set again. This will need an hour.
- For the top, melt the chocolate over a bain-marie with the butter. Pour and gently spread over the top. Then set again in the fridge, now ideally over night.
- The next morning, add your artistic flare and enjoy!
- It's best served removed from the fridge for an hour, as the centre starts to soften slightly.