a lil choccie cupcake transported up a level using Oreo cookies.
a crisp base of oreo cookie, a soft chocolatey sponge and a oreo flavoured buttercream, dipped in crushed oreos. OREO OVERLOAD!
Whipped up in less than an hour.
I N G R E D I E N T S
20g Cocoa Powder
90g Softened Butter
80g Caster Sugar
55g Self Raising Flour
100g Softened Butter
200g Icing Sugar
5 Oreos, Crushed
Splash of Milk
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- In a cup, mix the cocoa powder with the water to create a chocolate paste and add to the bowl then stir.
- Sift in the flour and mix into a chocolate batter.
- Grab a cupcake tin and place the cases into the holes. Add an oreo to the base of each cupcake case and top with a little batter. Only go 3/4 of the way up the case, be careful to not overfill.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Whilst the cakes cool, make the icing by beating the butter with the icing sugar, then mix in the milk. Crush the Oreos (you can either remove the cream and mix that into the buttercream separately, or crush the biscuit whole). Once crushed, fold half of the biscuit through the buttercream.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcake and then dip into the remaining crushed Oreo. (You may have leftover icing, it depends what buttercream to cupcake ratio you love)
*lil tip! - I use goats butter (mainly because my mother in law is lactose intolerant, but ALSO because it makes a whiter buttercream!)