Cute colourful pastel cupcakes to make any day a little bit brighter. With a jammy centre, they are classic flavours with a modern twist.
I N G R E D I E N T S
110g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
110g Self Raising Flour
400g Icing Sugar
M E T H O D
- start by preheating the oven to 180c.
- next, in a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- add the eggs one at a time and mix together
- now add the vanilla and then the flour a tablespoon at a time until combined into a cake batter. Lastly, fold through the sprinkles.
- scoop the batter evenly into the twelve cupcake cases and bake for 14 minutes.
- once cooled, remove the centre of the cupcake and add a teaspoon of jam. Replace the cake you removed on top of the jam. Repeat with all of the cakes. (See image below for jammy centre)
- whilst the cakes cool, make the icing by beating the butter, milk and sugar together. Divide the icing into four bowls and add a different food colour to each bowl, mix and add more until you get the colour you desire. It's better to start with less as you can always add more.
- using cling film, lay out a 30cm long piece onto the worktop. Then add the icing in lines (see image). Roll the cling film over the icing to create a cylinder. Now you can add the cling film to your piping bag with your required nozzle and start piping.