PB & Chocolate Banana Bread
The best way to use up old black bananas.
2tbs Peanut Butter (I used crunchy natural)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (you can use a sugar alternative)
2tbs Maple Syrup
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
1tsp Baking Powder
PB for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas up.
- Add the eggs and whisk, then add the sugar, syrup, and vanilla. Mix together and add the dry ingredients.
- Line a loaf tin with some baking paper and add half of the mix. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips to the tin. Then top with the remaining mix and sprinkle the chocolate on top. Add small dollops of peanut butter and using a sharp knife, drag the peanut butter around the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy! You can even add extra PB to the slice when eating! (see image)