Peanut Caramel Stuffed Cookies
A chocolate cookie is already delicious right? But then, you add a peanut caramel soft centre that takes it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! I find myself having to break the cookie in half every time just for that sticky centre satisfaction.
Makes 8 Large Cookies
15 Minutes Preparation Time
40 Minutes Cooking (10 for the cookies and 30 for the caramel and cooling)
150g Soft Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
150g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
40g Cocoa Powder
300ml Condensed Milk (or evaporated milk- this takes longer to thicken)
35g Brown Sugar
35g Caster Sugar
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
2tbs Natural Peanut Butter
- Start off by making the caramel. Add all of the ingredients into a pan and place over a medium heat. Stir almost continually for 10 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened to a lovely texture and it coats the back of a spoon. It will continue to thicken as it cools. Place to one side.
- Now, onto the cookie dough. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. Once creamy, add the egg and slowly mix. Then pour in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients and mix together. Then sieve half into the wet mixture and beat. Once it has come together add the remaining dry mixture and beat again.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the mixture onto a baking sheet (repeat until you have 8 separate mounds of caramel. Then put the caramel into the freezer to cool and harden slightly.
- Now you're ready to assemble your cookies for the oven! On a baking tray, add baking paper. Then spoon a tablespoon of mixture onto the tray (repeat leaving approximately 3 inches in-between the cookies to allow them to spread). Take a ball of the cooled caramel mix and place it into the centre of each cookie, pushing down slightly. Then with a teaspoon more of mixture, cover over the caramel and using your fingers make sure the caramel is completely covered. Sprinkle the cookies with a little sea salt and bake for 10-12 minutes.