'Posh' Olive and Truffle Focaccia
Impress your guests with a delicious homemade loaf. It is so easy and relatively quick! Made in a morning and served in the afternoon.
2 Cups Bread Flour
1tsp Sea Salt (I used Maldon)
1/2 Packet of Active Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
Olive Oil infused with Truffle
3 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
Sea Salt to top
20 Olives (Halved)
- In a mixing bowl with a dough hook, add the flour salt and yeast. Mix to combine. Then add half of the chopped olives into the mix.
- Now add the warm water and turn on the mixer at a medium speed. Leave to knead for 5-8 minutes.
- Oil a large bowl ready to add the dough. Once the dough has kneaded and has come together add to the well oiled bowl.
- Cover with cling film and a tea towel and allow to rise in a warm area for an hour.
- After an hour, check the dough. It may have risen and possibly doubled in size.
- Now, oil the pan you will be baking the bread in. Pour the dough into the baking pan and push out to the edges. Add dimples to the top and sprinkle fresh garlic, olives and sea salt over the top. Drizzle with the truffle oil.
- Cover and leave to rise again for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 240c.
- Now, uncover the dough and add to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until lovely and brown on top.