Pork shoulder is underrated. So cheap and can be infused with so much flavour. Its also such an easy meat to cook. You can just leave it to do its own magic. These tacos celebrate pork shoulder beautifully. If you love a taco, you'll love these! Fresh and juicy pineapple to cool down the heat from the pork and then sour cream for a creamy taste and lettuce for a crunch! YES! All bases covered.
- 1kg Pork Shoulder
- 3tbs Gran Luchito Taco Mix (https://gran.luchito.com/our-products/smoky-chipotle-fajita-and-taco-mix/)
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 Chillis
- Handful of Coriander
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Lime
- Sour Cream
- Taco Wraps
- Corn on the Cob
- Preheat the oven to 140c.
- Drizzle olive oil onto your pork shoulder and add the seasoning. Rub all over the pork to cover in the spices. Place into the cast iron pot and add the 300ml of water. Cover with the lid and place in the oven.
- Whilst the pork shoulder slow cooks, you can make the pineapple salsa. Simple core and chop the pineapple and then cut the flesh into small chunks. Chop the chillis finely (you can remove the seeds if you like a little less heat). Then dice the red pepper and chop the coriander and add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix. You can leave this in the fridge until needed.
- Once the pork has cooked for a couple of hours, take it out of the oven and baste with the juices in the pan. This helps infuse those flavours and prevent it drying out. Cook for a further 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow to sit. Then carefully remove the shoulder and place onto a plate. You should now be able to pull the pork apart with a fork. Once pulled, pour some of the pot juices over the pork for extra flavour.
- Serve with toasted tacos, lettuce, sour cream and the salsa. ENJOY!