Flapjacks are arguably the easiest bake. This little twist to a classic adds a delicious fresh jammy centre. Whats not to love!
I N G R E D I E N T S
500g Rolled Oats
160g Golden Caster Sugar
4tbs Raspberry Jam
50g Fresh Raspberries
M E T H O D
- Start by preheating the oven to 180c.
- Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper. This helps take the sticky flapjack out in one piece.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, sugar and honey. Melt over a low heat.
- In a large bowl, add the oats and pour over the melted mixture. Mix well to coat all of the oats.
- Half the mixture and add the first half to the base of the tin. Squish down into the corners to create an even base.
- In a smal bowl, add the jam and the raspberries. Squash the fresh raspberries into the jam so they come together into a sticky sweet and sharp jam.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the flapjack and then add the remaining oats to the top, pressing down gently.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lovely and golden.
- Remove ad allow to cool in the tin. I know, thats the hardest part!
- Then slice into 16 equal slices and ENJOY!