raspberry sponge pudding
had to join the nostalgic childhood puddings crew. Iv'e been seeing so many childhood puddings and cakes over the past few weeks that it was time to whip up my own.
A jam topped sponge, baked or steamed, always takes me back to being 10 and enjoying one with a big scoop of ice cream 👌
I’ve always been an ice cream with my pudding kinda gal. Love that hot and cold 🙌
How about you? Cream, custard, ice cream? What are you sayin'?
SCROLL for video
i n g r e d i e n t s
60g butter, softened
60g light brown soft sugar
1 large free-range eggs
60g self-raising flour
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 rounded tsp raspberry curd or jam
m e t h o d
- heat the oven to 160°C fan.
- in a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar
- add the egg and mix, then mix in the flour and breadcrumbs
- in a separate bowl, add the curd/jam and syrup and mix
- butter the ramekin to prevent sticking sponges, then cut a baking paper circle for the inside base of the ramekin
- add half of the curd/jam mixture to the base of the ramekin, then top with half of the sponge. spread the sponge evenly then bake for 35 minutes.
- turn out the puddings onto plates and add fresh raspberries and your creamy topping of choice