Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Only 5 ingredients! Super simple soup, yet so delicious
There is something about the cold outdoors that makes me crave a warming bowl of soup.
SMOOTH and SILKY. Like velvet on the tongue.
This is a delicious and cheap soup. Roasting the vegetables brings out their delicious flavours. Especially if they develop little brown, almost burnt edges. It adds a lovely subtle smokiness.
I've topped the soup with some small chunks of fried chorizo, some chorizo oil from the pan, seeds and sour cream. So smooth and silky with some added texture. I have also had it without toppings and it's equally delicious.
15 Minutes Preparation Time
40 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Butternut Squash (Cut into Cubes)
2 Large Carrots (Chopped)
1 Onion (Cut into Chunks)
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 Fahrenheit
- Chop the vegetables.
- Place on a roasting tray and coat with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Place in a pan with stock and simmer until the vegetables are lovely and soft.
- Put the pan contents into a blender or use a hand blender.
- Serve and ENJOY
Yes, it's really that simple!
#soup #leftovers #cleaneating #lunch #lunchideas #lunchinspo #healthyrecipes #healthy #food #homemade #foodporn #buzzfeedfood #foodie #instafood #foodstagram #onmytable #easydinner #easylunch #foodblog #blog#foodfeed