We may be on lock down but the sun is shining and we are baking. It's difficult to be sad at that. Especially with this super yum tray bake.
Fluffy, easy and look impressive. What more do you need from a cake? Delicious rose flavours and a lovely crunch from the pistachios.
10 Minutes Preparation
30 Minutes Baking
I N G R E D I E N T S
S P O N G E
150g Self Raising Flour
150g Caster Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
2tsp Rose Water
I C I N G
150g Icing Sugar
T O P P I N G S
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper
- In a bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat.
- Now, add the eggs one by one and mix in until well combined.
- Pour in the rose water and mix again.
- In a small bowl, add the baking powder and flour. Then sieve into the wet mixture and fold until all combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. *Check it's baked by using a skewer or sharp knife and inserting it into the centre of the cake. It should come out clean.
- Leave to cool and make the icing.
- In a bowl, add the butter and half of the sugar. Beat together. Then add the remaining sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the milk to loosen the mixture.
- Spread over the cooled cake and top with crushed pistachios and rose petals.