Sage and Red Onion Sausage Rolls
Something about flaky pastry just makes me happy. Even the fact that as soon as I bite into it, it crumbles EVERYWHERE.
If you're not using ready rolled pastry for a quick sausage roll fix, you should be. Yes, I love a buttery, homemade puff pastry as much as the next foodie, but the quick fix of a ready made puff pastry roll makes my stomach happy with little effort and large reward. And to be honest, I'm all about that life at the moment.
Using Jus Rol ready rolled puff pastry and a few other ingredients, I knocked these sausage rolls out in less than half an hour.
Makes 6 BIG sausage rolls
my lil tips
+ you can store these bad boys
in your fridge for a couple of days
and simple reheat in the oven
for 10 minutes, or eat it cold,
no judgements here.
+ can't find sausage meat? simply buy
your favourite sausages and
remove the meat from the casing!
I N G R E D I E N T S
300g Sausage meat
1 Roll Puff Pastry
Handful Sage Leaves (Chopped)
1tbs Onion Chutney
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Mix the sausage meat, sage and onion chutney in a bowl.
- Grab your pastry and unravel.
- Making sure you leave a couple of centimetres from the edge, add the sausage meat mix in one looooong sausage. I have the meat quite thick here, you could make it smaller for more mini rolls.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, and brush the edge of the pastry to help seal it all together.
- Grab the pastry and fold it over the meat and gently press down on the sealed edge.
- Slice off any excess pastry.
- Measure and slice the sausage roll into individual portions. I went for 6 big ones, but you could do 12 mini ones instead.
- Egg wash the rolls and add a sage leaf to be fancy.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.