Sea bass with crushed potato and peas and BEAUTIFUL in season asparagus brought together with a creamy parsley sauce.
15 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Seabass Fillets (Skin on)
100g Peas (Frozen)
10 Asparagus Spears
1 Large Potato or 10 New Potatoes
Bunch of Parsley
Salt and Pepper
- Cut the potato into small chunks, or place the new potatoes in a pan of water. Cover with water and bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes are soft. Now add the peas into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and peas. Place a tsp of butter into the pan that you cooked the potatoes and melt over a low heat. Now add the potatoes and peas back and using a potato masher, crush the potatoes and peas.
- Using kitchen paper or a clean tea towel, dry the skin of the fish.
- Chop the parsley.
- Season the fish on the flesh side.
- Place a frying pan on over a medium/high heat
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and place the fish fillet into the pan, skin down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is nice and crisp. When you first place the fish in the pan, use a fish slice to push the fish down and prevent curling.
- Whilst the fish cooks, using a griddle pan or another frying pan, cook your asparagus. Drizzle a little oil into the pan and place the asparagus, turning every minute or so.
- Now, flip the fish and cook for 1 minute on the flesh side.
- Lower the heat and add the butter to the pan and then remove the fish and leave to one side.
- Once the bitter has melted, whisk in the flour to create a roux. Cook for a few minutes to cook out the flavour of the flour. Now add the milk and cook on the heat to thicken. Once thickened, add the chopped parsley.