Sm-avo, Egg and Pickled Onion
So, Sm-avo is just smashed avocado.
Nice easy and quick brekkie to keep you going if you have an active morning. A great start to a long day. If you don't have the pickled onion, don't worry, its just as tasty without it. I just like it to cut through the creaminess and richness of the egg and avocado.
5 Minutes Preparation
7 Minutes Cooking
1 Slice of Sourdough
Pickled Red Onion (see sides in Recipes)
- Put a pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and use a fork to mash. Add pepper and pepper flakes and the squeeze of lime juice
- Place the egg into the boiling water and set a timer for 5 minutes
- Take the egg out and run under cold water, this stops it from cooking any further
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add the halloumi, cook on both sides for 2 minutes
- Toast your bread
- Add avocado to the toast and top with the egg and add your pickled onion
- Put your halloumi wherever you like and ENJOY!