I adore tortilla wraps. Wrapped up with warm delicious chicken or cold and creamy tuna. Even placed flat on a plate and topped with hummus and delicious grilled vegetables. They are so versatile and so quick and easy to fill and eat.
15 Minutes Preparation Time
1 1/2 Hours Cooking/Proving Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
150g Sourdough Starter
200g Bread Flour
20g Caster Sugar
5g Instant Yeast (optional)
20g Softened Butter
Olive Oil for Cooking
M E T H O D
- Add the sourdough and flour into a bowl. On one side add the sugar and salt and the other add the yeast. Lastly, add the butter.
- Add a dough hook to the mixer, or mix using a wooden spoon and add the water slowly.
- Add enough water for the mixture to come together into a loose ball of dough.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Add to a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Then place in a warm area of the house. Leave it to rise for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Flour the surface again and cut the dough into 60g balls.
- Shape each ball and roll out as thinly as possible. You almost want to see through the dough. Be careful to use enough flour to stop sticking.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Once it is smoking add the wrap. It will start to bubble up after 30 seconds or so. Cook for a minute and then flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat with all wraps.
- Fill and ENJOY!
I filled mine today with lettuce, spicy shredded chicken, tomato salsa, avocado and yogurt.