Lightly spiced veggie burger with Aldi UKs curried chickpeas
This was a 'we've been away for the weekend and I haven't been shopping yet' lunch. I would happing have it again though, very filling and tasty.
The burger has the right amount of spice and warmth with a lovely crisp outer and a soft inner. Then the tomato and greek yogurt add the freshness and creaminess.
The Aldi UK curried chickpeas were surprisingly tasty. You could pair them up with a lovely spiced chicken breast or a lovely spiced piece of lamb. Any protein really, or simply on their as they are tasty enough!
15 Minutes Preperation
15 Minutes Cooking
Sweet Potato Burger
1 small sweet potato
1 dry chickpeas soaked overnight
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 medium onion (finely diced)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
handful of coriander
Pack of Curried Chickpeas from Aldi UK
Washed Spinach Leaves
1 tbs Greek Yogurt
Drizzle of Sriracha Mayo
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/ 350f
- Wrap sweet potato in tip foil and bake for 30 minutes (or until soft, depends on size of potato)
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and add oil.
- Fry onions until soft and add garlic for 1 minute, then set aside
- Blitz or mash chickpeas depending on how textured you like your burger
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and add the flesh of the roasted sweet potato and the onion and garlic
- Add the spices, herbs and an egg and give a good mix
- Using your hands, form burger shaped patties from the mixture
- You can place in the fridge whilst you prepare the rest
- Heat the frying pan you used for the onions and garlic on a medium heat
- Add oil then add a burger
- Cook on each side for 5 minutes or until nice and brown, crispy too!
- Whilst they cook, heat the curried chickpeas according to the pack
- Add a bed of spinach to a bowl, top with chickpeas and burger and then add greek yogurt and fresh tomato
- I also added a drizzle of sriracha mayo for an extra little kick
#cleaneating #lunch #sriracha #curried #chickpeas #sweetpotato #salad #lunchinspo #healthyrecipes #healthy #food #storebought #homemade #foodporn #aldi #cheap #foodie #easydinner #easylunch #foodblog #blog #dinner