Sprinkle Filled Cupcakes
Vanilla cupcakes filled with extra love.
Makes 8 Cupcakes
Ready in less than 30 minutes
I N G R E D I E N T S
110g baking butter
110g caster sugar
2 large eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
110g self-raising flour
8tsp sprinkles (I used hearts)
100g softened butter
250g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp oat milk
drop of pink food colouring
M E T H O D
- Start by mixing together your cupcake batter and preheating the oven to 180c.
- Into a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs, one at a time. Followed by the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and mix.
- Grab a cupcake tin and add the cupcake cases.
- Scoop in the mixture, evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack whilst you make the buttercream.
- In a big bowl, add the softened butter and icing sugar. Beat until creamy, add the milk to loosen slightly. Use a small drop at a time of the food colouring until you have the perfect colour. I went for a really pale pink.
- Once the cakes are cooled, grab a sharp knife and carefully cut out the centre of the cake. Don't cup to the base of the cake but you want to take enough out to fit plenty of sprinkles.
- Pour in 1tsp of sprinkles per cake and then top with icing. Either spreading it on, or piping.