steak and onion baguette
Juicy steak, creamy peppered mayonnaise, caramelised onions and fresh leaves surrounded by a crunchy baguette.
Ready in 15 minutes
- take your steak out of the fridge
half an hour before you want to
cook it. Having it at room temperature
helps with the cooking of the steak
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Sirloin Steak (approx 230g)
1/2 Large Baguette
1tsp Cracked Black Pepper
Handful Salad Leaves
2tbs Olive Oil
S&P (to taste)
M E T H O D
- heat your frying pan of cast iron pot over a medium to high heat, until smoking
- grab your steak and season with salt and pepper.
- drizzle the olive oil into the pan, then lay the steak down. Cook to your liking. I went for medium rare which was around 3 minutes each side, but this all depends on the thickness of your steak and how hot you are cooking it.
- whilst your steak cooks, slice the onion
- remove the steak and leave to one side to rest, then use the same pan with the oil to fry the onions. Lower the heat on the hob and gently fry the onions until soft and browned. I add a splash of water as it helps soften the onions.
- in a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and pepper
- grab your baguette and cut into two, then slice down the centre. Butter the bread and then lather on the mayonnaise. Top with some salad leaves.
- slice your steak into strips and lay across the baguettes. Top with the onions and ENJOY!