Steak and tacos, what a combination. Tender and juicy chilli coated steak, paired with fruity mango and sharp lime, then cooled with creamy sour cream. Need I say more?
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 15 Minutes
Cut offs from tortilla wraps (See photos)
8 Tortilla Wraps (Cut- See photos)
2 Sirloin Steaks
1tsp Chilli Flakes
1 Red Onion
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Lime (Juice)
- Start by marinating your steaks. Drizzle olive oil over the steaks and sprinkle with salt and chilli flakes.
- Next cut your tortilla wraps (See photos below for a step by step)
- Next, make the mango salsa by cutting the mango into small chunks. Then dice the onion and red pepper and combine. Add chopped coriander and squeeze the lime. Leave that to one side.
- Turn the oven on to 180c/360f.
- Drizzle the tortilla chips in olive oil, salt and pepper flakes. Mix to coat the tortillas. Then lay out on a baking tray in a single layer and add to the preheated oven. Turn over after 5 minutes and cook until browning and crisp. Leave to one side once done.
- Now set a frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, add the steak and cook for 3 minutes. Then flip the seat and cook again for 3 minutes. At this point I like to cook the steak on the fat edge to make the fat nice and crispy. Different steaks take different times to cook and it depends on how you like your steak so this is just a guide.
- Take the steak out and leave to rest. Then slice nice and thinly.
- Add your flour tortillas to a dry griddle pan to warm and add a charred mark. Then serve everything and load your tacos! ENJOY!