Strawberry Vanilla Cupcakes
Best of British, strawberries and cream in a cupcake.
Soft cake filled with strawberry jam and topped with vanilla buttercream and extra strawberry bits!
Makes 12 Cupcakes
10 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Baking Time
160g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
160g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
12 tsp Strawberry Jam
4 tbs Freeze Dried Strawberries
6 Fresh Strawberries
250g Icing Sugar
A few drops of red colouring
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar until smooth. You can use an electric whisk too.
- Now, add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Now add the flour and baking powder and stir/whisk until well combined.
- Spoon into cupcake moulds or straight into a greased cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove to cool.
- Once cool, cut out the centre and spoon in a teaspoon of strawberry jam. Place the cake you cut out back onto the jam filling.
- Whisk together the butter and icing sugar and add the vanilla. Mix or beat until lovely and smooth. You can add colouring at this point but it doesn't add to the flavour.
- Pipe the icing onto the cakes starting from the outside, spiralling into the centre.
- Sprinkle the freeze dried strawberries onto the cakes and place half of a fresh strawberry.