Super Simple Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls use only shop bought ingredients. The only cooking you do is add them to the oven.
The beauty of these sausage rolls is the simplicity, but also the adaptability. You could add any jam/chutney or cupboard staple you fancied!
10 Minutes Preparation Time
40 Minutes Cooking Time
Makes 18 Small
8 Pork Sausages (Skins removed)
2tbsp Chilli Jam
2tbsp Red Onion Chutney
1 Pack Puff Pastry (Ready Rolled to make it even EASIER)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Firstly, take the skin off the sausage and add to a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Next, roll out the puff pastry and cut into three equal rectangles (see pictures)
- On one rectangle add 2tbsp of pickle, then on another add 2tbsp of chilli jam and onto the last add 2tbsp of red onion chutney. EASY!
- Split the sausage meat into 3 equal parts and add on top of the jams/sauces (see images)
- Beat an egg in a bowl and using a brush, add egg wash to one edge. This will help seal the sausage roll.
- Now bring the edge without the wash over the sausage meat and roll.
- Add the sausage roll to the tray making sure the fold is on the bottom.
- Now, use the egg wash to coat the pastry. You could then add the sausage rolls to the fridge and after 10 minutes, give them another egg coat. This makes the sausage rolls extra golden! However, if you can't wait to tuck into these, one egg wash is fine!
- Finally, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.