Thai Curry Noodle Soup in 30 Minutes
A warming, lightly spiced soup with refreshing coconut base.
Super quick recipe with little washing up. BONUS!
Packed full of bright vegetables, this soup is guaranteed to hit the Thai craving spot.
This is a quick meal and can all be cooked in one pan/wok so the washing up in minimal, but with maximum flavours! What more could you ask for on those winter evenings. It fills the kitchen with those lovely Thai flavours and that coconut milk creaminess. You can make this as spicy or subtle as you like. We keep it lovely and subtle so that children can enjoy the noodles and flavours too. Also, that is also an excuse on my part as I am not too good with the heat.
This is a lovely soup that can be enjoyed all year around. Its also a great way to use up any left over vegetables in the cupboard or fridge. You can add pretty much any vegetable you like. Carrots work really well.
After travelling to Thailand in 2016, I found a totally new appreciation for the country and its people. It is so busy in some places and so quiet and tranquil in others. We saw two totally different sides to the country. One week in the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and the busy towns and one week on a remote island living in a wooden hut on the beach where monkeys would come in and explore.
15 Minutes Preparation
15 Minutes Cooking
300g Chicken Breast (Diced)
1 Pak Choi (Cut in Half)
1 Yellow Pepper (Cut into Chunks)
1 Green Pepper (Cut into Chunks)
1/2 Red Chilli (Finely chopped, seeds removed)
1 Aubergine (Cut into Chunks)
1 Tin of Bamboo Shoots
4/5 Baby Corn (Cut in Half)
Handful of Mange Tout
2 Tbs Green Curry Paste
2 Servings or Flat Rice Noodles
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbs Palm Sugar
5/6 Thai Basil Leaves
- Heat a wok on a high heat.
- Add oil to the pan and add Chicken to brown.
- Get a lovely colour all over the chicken and remove from the wok.
- Bring the heat down to medium and add the vegetables, stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Curry Paste and stir.
- Add the chicken back to the wok.
- Cook the rice noodles as instructed (soak in hot water for 10 minutes) or you could add them to the soup to cook, this won't take as long so if you choose to do this, add the noodles a little later.
- Add the coconut milk and give it all a good stir to combine everything.
- Add lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce and stir again.
- Add pan choi slices.
- Let soup simmer to cook the chicken and noodles if you added them to the soup.
- Once the noodles and chicken is cooked, serve in bowls topped with fresh chilli and a wedge of lime.