Thai Noodle Curry Soup
This dish is PACKED with veggies and protein! The perfect warming dinner with a lovely subtle tongue tingle.
I am relatively new to Thai food having not tried it until 2014. My instant love for the food meant that we booked a two week holiday to Thailand in 2016. This was a fantastic trip from start to finish. We travelled to Bangkok and walked around the busy bustling food stalls and vendors. Then experienced fantastic foods on the PhiPhi islands whilst watching monkeys stealing sugar packets from the cafe. It is such a beautiful country. So developed in some areas and so magically untouched in others. From one day in a high rise looking over Bangkok eating refined dishes, to tucking into an equally delicious food made by a small family business.
I have to say, if you haven't already VISIT THAILAND.
INGREDIENTS 1 Large Chicken Breast 1 Red Pepper (Cut into Chunks) Yellow Pepper (Cut into Chunks) Broccoli (Florets) Green Beans (Trimmed and Halved) 1 Tin of Bamboo Shoots Carrot (Julienned) 1 Red Chilli (Chopped) 1tbs Fish Sauce (optional) 1tbs Tamarind Paste (optional) 2tbs Palm Sugar (or brown sugar) 2tbs Red Curry Paste 1 Can Coconut Milk 2 Portions Rice Noodles Handful of Cashew Nuts 1 Lime (Juice)
- Heat a wok over a high heat.
- Prepare all of your vegetables ready to add f to the wok.Cut the chicken breast into chunks.
- Add a little oil to the wok and then brown the chicken.
- Once the outside is browned, remove and set to one side.
- Now, lower the heat on the wok to medium.
- Add a splash more oil and add the vegetables. To help cook the vegetables, add a splash of water and over to help steam the veg.
- Now, add the chicken back to the wok.
- Pour the curry paste into the wok next and stir.
- Now add the fish sauce, tamarind and palm sugar followed by the coconut milk.
- Leave to simmer and warm through.
- In a bowl, add the rice noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the noodles are soft, add them to serving bowls.
- Serve the curry soup over the noodles and top with a squeeze of lime, chopped chilli and crushed cashew nuts.