We are a household of peanut lovers and anything satay flavoured so this peanut curry with Thai meatballs is a dinner that everyone enjoys!
Makes 22 Meatballs
15 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
500g Pork Mince
1 Stalk of Lemongrass
5 Thai Basic Leaves
Small Piece of Fresh Ginger
2 Cloves of Garlic
1tbs Fish Sauce
1 Slice of Bread (Breadcrumbs)
1tbs Thai Curry Paste (I used Panang)
1 Can Coconut Milk
2tbs Peanut Butter
Egg Noodles (1 nest per person)
- Firstly, I like to make the meatballs as they are less likely to break apart in the pan when they have been chilled slightly. Add the pork mince into a large bowl. If you have a mortar and pestle, then this is the time to use it. If not, don't worry, it still works. Chop the lemongrass into small pieces (I use scissors) and add to the mortar and pestle with the coriander, basil leaves, ginger and garlic. Crush into a nice paste and add to the mince. Throw in the fish sauce and breadcrumbs and mix.
- Now take a small amount of mixture, about the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, mould into a ball. Lay out on a baking sheet and place in the fridge until you need them. These can be prepared in advance. Also, they are great for freezing if you want to batch prep for a later date.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium setting and allow to heat.
- Now place a saucepan over a medium heat and add the curry paste, ginger, garlic and peanut butter and fry for a couple of minutes. Then pour in the coconut milk and stir. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whilst that simmers, chop your carrots into small batons and cut the pepper into small chunks.
- Back to the meatballs. Add a little oil to the frying pan and add the meatballs. Leave to cook for 5 minutes then turn. They should develop a delicious brown coating.
- Add the vegetables to the curry sauce and allow to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Now, add the egg noodles to the curry sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Plate the noodles and curry sauce into a bowl and top with meatballs (approximately 4 per adult)