The ULTIMATE banana bread
In the last 12 months, I have made an unequivocal amount of banana bread. Fruity ones, chocolate ones, nutty ones, plain old just banana ones. It's probably a slight obsession. Of all the recipes I've made, this is the ONE!
Soft, fluffy, tall, flavoursome and totally adaptable. It's a great banana bread base.
SCROLL for the recipe and SCROLL FURTHER for the recipe video.
super easy one bowl cake
i n g r e d i e n t s
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup dairy free butter
1/4 cup dairy free yogurt (I used Oat)
2 large eggs
1tsp baking soda
2 cups plain flour
nuts of your choice to top (I used hazelnuts)
m e t h o d
- preheat your oven to 180c/350f
- on a plate, peel and mash your bananas
- add them to a bowl with the sugars and beat
- add in the butter and yogurt and beat again until incorporated
- whisk in the eggs
- then sieve in the baking soda and flour, whisk until it looks like a smooth batter (don't worry about little lumps of butter, they will melt when baking)
- line and grease a baking loaf tin with dairy free spread
- add the batter to the tin and sprinkle nuts on top
- bake for 50-55 minutes
- serve warm or cold and ENJOY!