Foolproof Toad in the Hole
A great cheap family meal to fill all of those tummies! Apparently once called ‘meat boiled in a crust’. It is much more delicious than the name suggests. Sausages in a crispy batter served with mashed potato and onion graaaaavy.
Servings 3 (Add more sausages for more people)
10 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Large Eggs
Serve with mashed potato and onion gravy.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- Whisk the eggs, flour and milk in a bowl until lump free
- Place the sausages into a frying pan or high sided tray that you can get really hot!
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes
- Now, crank up the oven heat to as hot as it will go.
- Once the oven is at temperature, take the pan out and add the Yorkshire pudding mix around the sausages.
- Place back in the oven and allow to rise
- Once it has risen, after about 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 180c/350f again so the Yorkshire pudding doesn't burn but it still cooks through.
- Cook for 20 minutes until lovely and brown all over.
- Serve with mashed potato, vegetables and gravy.