Tom Collins Gin Pancakes
Pancake day is FAST approaching, but those delicious and fluffy pancakes don't need to be drizzled with boring lemon juice or Nutella. I mean, yes Nutella is delicious but. I promise these are better.
Have a more adult pancake day in your household.
Impress Friends & Family
130g Self Raising Flour
1 Large Egg
130ml Full Fat Milk or Alternative of your choice
2tbs Caster Sugar
1 Lemon Zested
2tbs Lemon Curd
Natural Full Fat Yogurt or Cream
- Add the sugar and water into a pan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a high simmer and cook until the water has halved, or the mixture starts to look thick and syrupy. Once done, add to a jar and leave to cool. Once cold add the gin and mix in.
- Start by heating a frying pan or pancake pan over a medium/low heat.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, add the egg, sugar and milk and whisk.
- Next, sift in the flour and grate in the lemon zest and whisk together until well combined.
- Lightly butter or oil the pan or if you’re using a non-stick pan, you don’t have to add any fat.
- Using a cup or ladle, add about 40ml of the mixture per pancake. You can cook them one at a time and add them to a low heated oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest.
- Now, mix your lemon curd and gin together in a bowl.
- Start to stack your pancakes and top with some syrup, lemon curd, fresh yogurt, crushed almonds and lemon rind.