Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Chorizo
A sweet soup to keep you warm this autumn. Love the spicy and smoky taste of chorizo? Then this soup is for you!
1 Tin of Tomatoes
3 Red Peppers
300ml Vegetable Stock
50g Cooking Chorizo
Double Cream (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Cut the peppers up into large chunks and drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes. They should just start to develop charred edges. Take out and leave to one side to cool.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock to a saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer.
- This is the fiddly part. Peel as much of the red pepper skin off of the cold roasted peppers.
- Add the peeled peppers to the saucepan and season.
- Blend the soup and add back to the saucepan to heat through again.
- Dice the chorizo into small chunks, then fry until lovely and crisp.
- Serve the soup and top with the chorizo and cream.