Turmeric Coconut Curry
This is, hands down, the easiest and one of the tastiest curries I have ever made.
READY IN A FLASH
I N G R E D I E N T S
Thumb sized piece of ginger
2 garlic cloves
400g diced chicken breast
1tsp coriander (ground)
1 yellow pepper
½ lime juice
1 tin coconut milk
1tsp fish sauce
1/2tbs palm sugar
1 tin bamboo shoots
8 thai basil leaves
1-2tsp gochujang paste or chilli paste
Handful of spinach
1 spring onion (sliced)
M E T H O D
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a little oil (I used olive)
- Dice the onion, then add to the pan and gently fry until softened
- Grate or finely chop the ginger and garlic, and add to the pan.
- Push the onion mix to the far side of the pan, then add a little more oil and fry the chicken, until browned.
- Chop the pepper into chunks and add to the pan with the spices
- Squeeze in the lime juice (I like to add the squeezed lime to the pan so infuse a little more)
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir, then add the fish sauce and palm sugar
- Drain the bamboo shoots and add, along with the basil leaves. Then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in as much chilli paste as you like (I use 2tsp)
- Rinse the spinach and add to the curry for a couple of minutes, to wilt.
- Serve with noodles or rice and sprinkle with fresh spring onion.