I am a HUGE lover of fajitas and mexican wraps. A great fajita night is in my top 5 favourite meals. These quesadillas have the flavours of a fab fajita but with a crunchy texture. Also, a great way to use up some stale tortilla or corn wraps.
5 Minutes Preparation Time
5 Minutes Cooking Time
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Green Pepper
1/2 Yellow Pepper
50g Cheese (grated)
4 Tortilla/Corn Wraps
Knob of Butter for Frying
FAJITA SEASONING (you can make a larger batch and keep in the cupboard)
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
Pinch of Sugar
Pinch of Garlic Powder
Pinch of Onion Powder
Small Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 Tomatoes (Chopped)
1/2 Red Onion (Diced)
1tbs White Wine Vinegar
Coriander Oil (Coriander and Olive Oil)
- In a frying pan over a medium heat add the vegetables with a little oil, fry for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Whilst they fry, make the salsa. Chop the tomatoes and red onion, and then finely chop the garlic and coriander. Add to a bowl with the vinegar and mix.
- Add in the fajita seasoning and combine and fry together until lovely and soft
- Lay out your tortilla wraps and add the mixture to the top of two of them then spread the mixture out to the edges
- Sprinkle your grated cheese over the vegetable mix and top with the other tortilla wrap, like a sandwich. Repeat with both.
- In a clean frying pan, add a knob of butter over a low/medium heat
- Once melted, add a quesadilla at a time and flip carefully after a couple of minutes. It should be lovely and brown. Repeat on the other side and then serve.